1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks.
2. What's the thing you push around the grocery store called.
3. A container to carry a meal in.
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in.
A frying pan.
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people.
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof.
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening.
A porch? Gazebo?
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages.
A soft drink.
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup.
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself.
Sub (but I think I've probably been Americanized there - damn you subway!)
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach.
12. Shoes worn for sports.
13. Putting a room in order.
14. What you have on your bed in winter to keep your warm sometimes with feathers in it?
15. What do you call women's skimpy underwear?
16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down.
17. How do you eat your pizza?
18. What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff?
A car boot sale.
19. What's the evening meal?
20. The thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are?
21. What do you call the thing that you can get water out of to drink in public places?
22. What do you call the front of your car? what do you call the back of the car?
23. What do you call the thing the kids carry their books to school in?
24. What do you call the thing you keep your money in? What do you call the bag you keep that thing in?
A purse in a handbag.